Print Books Delivered To You
- Don’t know what you want? Contact us or try NoveList K-8 and NoveList Plus for a book recommendation.
- Find if we own a book a specific book in our online catalog, or contact a librarian for help!
- Request the book with our online form. We will bag the books up and deliver them to you.
- Books may be checked out for 3 weeks at a time, and renewed through email as often as needed.
- You may check out up to 5 books at a time.
- There are no fines or overdues – please try to return items in a timely manner so others may also enjoy them.
- All students and staff qualify for a free Orono Public Library card, and can get their books delivered to school. Then use their online catalog to request books. Email Ms. Jackson Sanborn with questions.
COVID-19 Safety Precautions: No-touch contactless browsing is encouraged, gloves and masks will be worn by the librarians when putting together online book orders for students, returned books are quarantined for 72 hours following Maine CDC and Maine State Library protocol, and students are encouraged to visit us in our outdoor Library Tent.
What if we don’t have the book in the school library? No problem! We partner with the Orono Public Library to request books from all over the state and bring them to you at school. Any student or staff at an RSU26 school is eligible for a free card!
If you would like to request a card from the Orono Public Library fill out this form, then see Ms. Jackson Sanborn for instructions on how to request books.
If you already have an Orono Public Library card, use the online catalog to request books. If you want your books delivered to our school library, or have forgotten your barcode, email Ms. Jackson Sanborn.
Audible has free middle and high school audio books
Tumblebooks grades 7-12 audiobooks
Public Domain audio books
Tumblebooks grades 7-12 ebooks – use the links at the top for genres and age filters
Animorphs series online all 54 books!
Webcomics (graphic novels online) for middle school and high school
Ebooks at manybooks.net
Open Library (over 1,000,000 books!) – some available right away, some you need to create an account and ‘borrow’
Amazon’s Free Kids’ eBooks – make sure you choose the “Top 100 Free”
The Middle School Book Club is the Maine Student Book Awards club (MSBA) led by Ms. Jackson Sanborn. We will be meeting outside in-person as well as virtually this year. Sign up!
The High School Book Club is led by Ms. Johnston, email her for more information.